The Seattle Collaborative Orchestra continues its innovative programming featuring new music and up-and-coming performers. This season we will premiere works by local composer and clarinetist Angelique Poteat and by Roosevelt High graduate Brendan McMullen, present the West Coast premiere of SIRENS for Orchestra by noted composer Leanna Primiani, hear rising Soprano Marcy Stonikas and the exciting Northwest Girlchoir, and feature a performance by the winner of the first SCO Concerto Competition.
Listen to the Girls
|November 18, 7:00pm
University Christian Church
- Oh, Lois! by Michael Daugherty
- SIRENS for Orchestra by Leanna Primiani
- Four Last Songs by Richard Strauss featuring Soprano Marcy Stonikas
- Prélude à l’après-midi d’un faune by Claude Debussy
- Listen to the Girls by Angelique Poteat (world premiere) featuring the Northwest Girlchoir
Marcy Stonikas, Soprano, recently sang Ariadne with the Seattle Opera.
The Northwest Girlchoir, led by artistic director Sara Boos, offers girls and young women a transformational experience through music education and artistic excellence.
Let’s Get Emotional
|March 22, 7:00pm
Roosevelt High School Theater
- Unworkable Devices by Brendan McMullen (world premiere)
- D’un Soir Triste & D’un Matin de Printemps by Lili Boulanger
- Concerto competition winner (see below)
- Symphony No. 2 by Howard Hanson
Auditions for concerto competition will be for musicians within the SCO. Auditions will occur in late November and early December. More information will be available on this website at a later date.